To benefit and serve the residents of Mercer Island by receiving, investing and distributing funds to support community goals and interests in the areas of social welfare; arts and culture; recreation; health and rehabilitation; environment; education; community development; and other charitable needs.
Mercer Island Community Fund Accepting Grant Submissions for 2013 Grants
Mercer Island Community Fund is currently accepting grant applications with a deadline of January 31, 2013. It considers applications from organizations for funding that benefits the Mercer Island community in the following categories: (a). Arts and Culture, (b.) Environment and Conservation, (c.) Community Development, (d.) Recreation, (e.) Social Service and (f.) Health within the meaning and limitations of Section 501(c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
Find information and guidelines here.
Mercer Island Community Fund Announces 2012 Grants
The Mercer Island Community Fund granted $27,900 in grants for eleven Mercer Island non-profit projects. This year's recipients include:
- Mercer Island Parks and Recreation - Adventure Playground and Fantastic Friday's
- Mercer Island Farmer's Market - Education Activities
- Island Youth Ballet - Costumes for a new production of Cinderella
- Mercer Island Band Boosters - Instrument Coaches and new drum line equipment
- Youth Theatre Northwest - Production of Enchanted Tales
- Mercer Island Summer Celebration
- Mostly Music in the Parks
Additional information about this year's grant recipients can be found on the Grant Recipient page.
Mercer Island Community Fund Opens Grant Application for 2012
The Mercer Island Community Fund is now accepting grant applications for 2012. To read about grant guidelines click here. The deadline for grant applications is January 31, 2012.
A Huge Thank You Goes Out to the Mercer Island Community Fund
Mercer Island Community Fund and Farmer's Insurance, along with other businesses stepped up to Save the Mercer Island Fireworks this year, and next. Read more here.
Mercer Island Community Fund Steps Up to "Save Our Fireworks"
Tee's Up community challenge with $10,000 matching gift
The Mercer Island Community Fund announced today that it will match up to $10,000 in donation to keep the 20+ year traditional Summer Celebration Fireworks Show.
Donate to the Fireworks Fund
2011 Grant Recipients Announced
Today, the Mercer Island Community Fund announced it's 2011 grant recipients, issuing eight grants to Island 501(c)(3) organizations totaling just under $25,000. Grant recipients include:
- The Mercer Island Visual Arts League. $2,500 for their 50th Anniversary Celebration
- Youth Theatre Northwest. $3000 for their production of Gullivar's Travels
- Mercer Island Summer Celebration. $2,180 for a fiscal sponsorship
- Mercer Island Arts Council. $2,180 for Mostly Music in the Park
- Mercer Island Farmers Market. $2,600 for their Community Connection program
- Mercer Island Youth and Family Services. $8,500 for Day Camps Scholarships
- Mercer Island Parks and Rec. $2,500 for Adventure Playground and Fun Mobile
Mercer Island Community Fund Celebrates 25 Years
Fund continues its mission of making community goals a reality
2010 marks the 25th anniversary of the founding of The Mercer Island Community Fund. Established in conjunction with the City of Mercer Island's 25th Anniversay of incorporation (Mercerversary) in 1985, The Mercer Island Community Fund has been an integral partner in making Mercer Island a great place to live. The organization will celebrate the occasion at the 50 Year Mercerversary celebration held Sunday, July 18th at Mercerdale Park.